Here is the complete list. I posted the first 7 titles on Instagram , earlier this year, because I didn’t want the pressure to finish more than that. Since I have completed 6 of the 7 I feel I can add more titles and have them done by December or January 2020 at the latest.
1. Imagine Me Gone by Adam Haslett
2. Ghana Must Go by Taiye Selasi
3. Then She Was Gone by Lisa Jewell
4. The Hate You Give by Angie Thomas
5. The Last Black Unicorn by Tiffany Haddish
6. The Awkward Black Girl by Issa Rae
7. Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng
8.All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
9. Her Pretty Face by Robyn Harding
10. My Sister The Serial Killer by Oyinkan Braithwaite
11. An American Marriage by Tayari Jones
12. Becoming by Michele Obama
My favorite so far is The Last Black Unicorn by Tiffany Haddish.
Her Pretty Face by Robin Harding was recommended by @ momwifebookishlife on Instagram, can’t wait to read this one
Books #10 and #11 where Longlisted for the 2019Women Prize for Fiction.
In the next post I will share the shortlist.